Jaggery Malpuas by Tarla Dalal
- Water: 3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)
- Grated jaggery: 1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
- Whole wheat flour: 1 Cup (16 tbs)
- Fennel seeds: 1⁄2 Teaspoon
- Cardamom powder: 1⁄2 Teaspoon
- Fruit salt: 3⁄4 Teaspoon
- Ghee: 1 Tablespoon (For greasing and cooking)
- Pistachio slivers : 1 Tablespoon (as needed)
- In a non-stick pan, heat ¾ cup of water, add the jaggery, stir and cook over medium flame for 2-3 minutes or until jaggery melts.
- Into a bowl, transfer the jaggery water mixture and set aside to cool slightly.
- Stir constantly and gradually add the wheat flour, fennel seeds, and cardamom powder into the bowl with jaggery water. Mix until no lumps remains.
- Finally add the fruit salt and 2 teaspoon of water into the batter and mix gently.
- Heat a non-stick griddle and grease it lightly with ghee. Pour a small ladleful of batter and spread it evenly into 3-inch circle. Drizzle little ghee and cook until golden brown on both sides. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve immediately garnished with cardamom powder and pistachios.
- Difficulty Level:Easy
- Chef: Tarla Dalal
- Frying Occasion: Holi, Rakhi
- Restriction:Vegetarian, Low Fat
- Ingredient: Jaggery
- Interest: Easy, Traditional
- Preparation Time:10 Minutes
- Cook Time:10 Minutes
- Ready In:20 Minutes
Recipe Courtesy: ifood.tv